The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side Meaning

Last Saturday, my family and I went to my cousin’s wedding day. At the same time, all of my cousins and I gathered around the table and talked about our future education. All of my cousins already had their future planning but sadly I didn’t have any plan. Then, one of my cousins suggests applying a professional course such as Certificated Accounting Technician (CAT) or Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA). So I was thinking why don’t I tried to apply CAT because I am an accounting student back in high school.

After the wedding is over, we went back home. On the way back, I told my father about furthering my studies on CAT. At first, my father was overwhelmed then he remembered that one of my cousins, Tyra, who took CAT and now she is currently on her 2nd year of ACCA. She passed all of her papers with flying colour every semester. She always is on top of her class so I was determined to be like her.

After a few days, I do some research about CAT and where the program has offered. So I saw this one advertisement that offered a CAT programme at Kolej Universiti Poly-tech Mara (KUPTM) that are more cheaper than other universities. Without any hesitation, I applied in KUPTM online website. After a week, I got an offer letter From KUPTM to further my studies in CAT programme. So I started my journey as a CAT student on 2nd May. After 6 months of learning, we finally had a final exam. For my course, the examination was a computer-based exam (CBE) so the result will come out right after we finish the exam.

For the first semester, I was performing very well for all of my three subjects with flying colour. I was hoping that I will perform for the next semester as well but I was wrong because on my mock exam. I felt like I didn’t have the confidence as I am before. After all, two of my second-semester subjects I got the lowest marks among my classmate. Without taking any risk, I was thinking about changing courses to Diploma and tried to discuss with my parent about how hard CAT is. Thankfully my parents were super supportive and approved my decision to change courses.

I thought I was lucky like my cousin but I was wrong. Now, I understood the meaning of the quotes "Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence".From that day onward I learned a lesson not to compare sustenance with people. So I have to study hard and became a better version of myself.

Comments

Popular Posts